Booking.com

Saturday, 14 April 2012

Loving Lipsticks from Simplysiti

Hi again my lovelies. It's a beautiful morning and I thought I just want to jot this mini review on one of my long standing favorite lipstick from a local brand called Simplysiti. A bit of background before we go to the review: Simplysiti was founded by Malaysia's number one singer the lovely Dato' Siti Nurhaliza. An amazing singer from a humble beginning. Her talent, sheer hardwork and consistency has propelled her to stardom, marking her entertainment career with countless awards and I must say is already a Legend.

She started her own skincare and makeup line under the brand name Simplysiti about a year or so ago I can't really remember and her product was and still a hit among Malaysian who are looking for quality but affordable skincare and cosmetics. Her full beauty line can be found at all Watson and Guardian. Recently she has launched her perfume line targeting middle income group. More to come of that I am sure.

Ok let's go to my favorite part; the review. When I bought these lipsticks I had a hard time getting the colours that I want due to their availability. It was about the time when she launched her product line. Her product was flying off the shelf. I had to go to 3 different Watson to get my hands on the colour of my choice. By the way, she has named her lipsticks after her hit singles :). So yes I was hunting for Ku Mahu. That was apparently a hit colour, but I only manage to get that after I bought Purnama Merindu (as a consolation ).

Apart from the beautiful colour pay off, what surprises me the most was the quality of the lipstick. For something that gives great colour pay off, her lipsticks are very moisturizing.  The Lipstick formula contains Jojoba oil and Vitamin C to care for your lips. For the record I have relatively dry lips. When wearing Simplysiti lipstick I never have to wear my lip balm. Her lipsticks are that saturated.

Here is what the packaging looks like and the swatches from the two colours that I have from her collection



Sleek packaging




from left to right: Ku Mahu (creme sheen) and

Purnama Merindu (frosted - giving a volumnizing effect)

No comments :

Post a Comment