Booking.com

Sunday, 3 February 2013

Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation

Hello beautiful people,

I recently watched a video post on YouTube on how great this foundation is; even they say "smacked down" MAC's studio foundation mind you. Apparently many who have tried it would sing praises for this baby. So, the makeup junkie in me surfaced and felt that I have to have it.

Went to the store, got my colour matched and went home a contented girl. I must say I fell completely in love with it. Never have I tried a foundation with SPF felt so light yet luxurious as this one. My colour is 3W1 Tawny and it retails at MYR138



Their claims:

- Coverage : Medium, buildable

- Finish : Natural, Semi-Matte

- Formula Facts : Oil-free, Dermatologist-tested, Non-acnegenic and Fragrance free

- 15-hour staying power. Flawless all day.

- This worry-free, long-wearing makeup stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop   
  activity. 

- Won't change colour, smudge or come off on clothes. 

- Feels lightweight and comfortable.

- Now the flawless look you see in the morning is the look you keep all day.


Ok on with My review:

Product : 10/10

In love with it. I was blown away. Completely taken by love. This is in the new formula. As I have said in my ealier posts, it is not easy to find foundation suitable for combination to oily skin for people who live in a hot-humid-and-sunny-all-year-round tropical country like Malaysia. You can understand why we people down here don't put on thick foundation beacuse it will just look awful especially around noon under the scorching sun. Foundation just melts... literally! 

I was made to understand that they have reformulated it and it is watery compared to the old formula. Users of this product are mainly the ones with combination to oily skin. The recent change of formula has disappointed and not to mention angered many many users who have been loyal to this foundation for 20 years ( read this in many reviews). 

To be fair, I did not have the chance to try the old formula so my review is based on my new experience with the product. :). As far as I am concern this foundation is great for us girls on my side of the world (yeay yeay).

Packaging : 9/10

 It comes in a frosted bottle and I love that. However, I wish they come in pump bottle for easy product dispensing. I always get too much product out and I can't possibly put the product back into the bottle now can I?

Would I buy again? : YES!

What I like about the product? 

- It glides on smoothly

- Does not caked up as it is a buildable formula

- Covers well 

- Feels light for one with SPF

- Feels great on the skin; great for combination to oily skin type in warm and sunny climate country. It 
  has my seal of approval! LOL

- Great range of colours especially for us Asian with warm yellow tan skin. Good bye ashy looking 
  skin. 

Would I recommend this to anyone? : DEFINITELY! 


I hope you give this a try. I highly recommend it.  I am sorry that long term customers are not happy with the new formula. But as a user who lives in where I am, I could not thank Estee enough. 

#Estee Lauder @EsteeLauder 




6 comments :

  1. Hi, the one you're using (if it's the bottle pictured above) is the OLD formulation as the new one no longer has an SPF. Go to the Estee Lauder website to see a picture of the new bottle. I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, I really appreciate your comment. I have gone to the official website and yes the said foundation no longer has SPF nor do they mention the SPF bit in the Detail section of the product.

      That has really made me confused as the lady at the counter told me about this product been newly formulated. So I check at our Estee Lauder Malaysia website. Lo and behold the exact foundation has an SPF 10. I called the counter that serviced me and they told me that Estee Lauder has different packaging and formula for Asian market. So perhaps that explains the difference.

      Thank you for highlighting this to me Stephanie :)

      Delete
  2. did u put on any powder over it? i just tried it couple of times and by noon, my nose is very well shiny of oil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :D Yes I did. Do you have very oily T-zone? If you do try using face primer.

      Delete