Booking.com

Sunday, 22 September 2013

Review : theBalm Instain Long Wearing Staining Powder Blush


Woohoo! theBalm Instain has arrived at Sasa near you. Just in about 2 weeks ago. Sasa carries 4 colours out of the 6 produced by the company. But hey, I am not complaining. It retails at RM72, however, in conjunction with Sasa's International Beauty Fair, these babies are going at RM65.

The 4 colours made available are:
Argyle            : Soft Petal Pink
Swiss Dot        : Pure Peach. Can come across as orangy.
Toile                  : Peachy Pink
Houndstooth   : Mauvy Pink

For my medium skin colour I chose Toile. It is a gorgeous perfect peachy pink colour and personally I think is most versatile for most skin colour for us South East Asian babes.

For those who are not familiar with this product, Instain is a long wearing staining powder blush. It is not like your traditional powder blush as it has a noticable staining quality. The product does cling and stain your skin. So a little goes a long way. They have so much saturated pigment therefore the colour turn out depends on how you apply the product to your cheeks. Apply with a light hand and you will get a beautiful natural flush on the cheeks. Apply with a heavy hand then you will get a strong pop of colour.  Be warned : The colour is so concentrated so you can't go overboard with this less you will end up looking like a clown or an actress in chinese opera.

The blush comes in a lovely cardboard packaging like the cover of a magazine. They also have a magnatic closure and a good size mirror.

What I like about Instain?
The colour payoff and staying power. A little goes a long way. Like I said earlier apply with a light hand. I also like the cute packaging *wink

Colour selection?
I think Sasa has brought in colours that are suitable for Malaysian or most South East Asian girls who has warm yellowish skintone. Argyle and Swiss Dot are suitable for the fair skined. Toile, which is my favourite, is a versatile colour. I love how it shows up on my cheeks! And last but not least, Houndstooth is more suitable for our darker skined sisters.

Would you recommend this to your friends?
Yes! If you can only buy one blush, I would strongly recommend for you buy this. It will last you a long time.


Now for pictures!


Lovely cardboard magazine-like packaging with magnatic closure.

See how beautiful that is. It may look scary in the pan but trust me it doesn't go on your cheeks that intense if you apply with a light hand.
Err... ignore the pores :p

See how natural it looks? And this is after a day long. I am loving it! Lipstick worn is In The Nude by IN2IT

Hope this review is helpful :). Stay beautiful and healthy ladies!


No comments :

Post a Comment