Product Review : theBalm's Voyage

Yeay! This palette came in early to Malaysia after its launch in the US. The product arrived at Sasa about 2 weeks or so and they have stocks. Great news for theBalm lovers out there. Check out the packaging .. there are so cute! It has little classic post cards like images that makes this palette even more adorable.



It is a pretty large palette and I believe that this is their largest palette produced by theBalm. Having said that, it is so flat, compact and light because of the cardboard packaging  Check out the comparison to the Meet Matt(e) Nude :



Priced at RM175 the palette carries 16 eye shadows ( 4 matte and 12 shimmery/metallic ) and 3 lip and cheek stains. Like the Balm Jovi palette, this one is sectioned by two flaps that separates the powder to the cream products so that the powder products does not get into your cream ones. Ingenious! Don't you just hate it when you cream products have eye shadow flakes in it? I know I do.

Ok let us see the inside. I got a kick out of the passport mirror section on the inside flap because they are just so pretty. It is like having your face on a passport get what I mean? Take a look :



You get a good deal out of this palette as the shadows are large in size comparable to the Meet Matt(e) Nude ones. What is also cute about them is the colours are numbered like the seats on an aircraft. 


As you can see most of the colours are neutrals except for the ones on the 3rd row which has some fun pop colours to enhance the other neutral colours. All the colours are new except for B3 which is close to Matte Abdul in Meet Matt(e) Nude palette. Super wearable colours for day and night and for all occasion. the quality of the eye shadows are impeccable; soft and buttery.

Now check out the lip and cheek stains. They have good colour payoff, they last and (I totally love this) they are named after those people who fly the aircraft :D. First Officer somehow has more pigmentation compared to the other two.



The lower flap that houses the lip and cheek stains has colour combo suggestion which I thought is great so it could give you some ideas of what colours would go best together. Again it was presented in the cutest of ways.. like a boarding pass :D



For RM175, I think it is worth the buy. If you are travelling with this or need to bring it to the office, all you need is you powder foundation, eye liner ( if you don't want to use the dark colour here as liner ), mascara and eye brow pencil the you are good to go. 

Hope you enjoy the pictures and the review. For a fun video on this palette do check out the video below: 




Daily Nuggets :
  • Loving my scented candles in vanilla cream
  • Weather is rainy today so it is great to be indoors and enjoy my favourite sitcom :D

Comments

  1. I'm jealous! I've been lusting after it and hope I get it for Christmas. Do you know if theBalm sells in Dubai?
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that I know of but I know you can order it online on the website. ;) Maybe you can try that option?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts