Garnier Aqua Defense - Non-Stop Intensive Hydrating Essence Review





Hello there

Lately my skin was experiencing massive dryness especially on my forehead and cheeks. Yaiks right?! At my age, dry skin is not good!

There could be two possible reason for this other than my water consumption:
1. My cleanser is too harsh for my skin condition at this moment
2. My moisturiser is not moisturising enough.

Acting on my first hunch,  I went on a mild gentle cleanser hunt.That was 3 weeks ago. Ended with two cleansers (thought my current cleanser acted up on me) .. tested one at a time and my skin is still dry and taut feeling. Now I know that it may not be my cleanser. It is my moisturizer. Went through all my different moisturisers but none worked.

Met a friend for lunch one day and she told me that swears by Garnier Aqua Defense and that I should give it a go. I did.. cost me only MYR17.91 as Watsons was having sales. Original price is MYR19.90. God knows I have passed by this item on the shelf many many times and didn't even care about it til now.


The Aqua defense is a light green gel packaged in a tub like all Garnier moisturisers. It has a light fresh smell and when you smooth the gel over your skin it gives a cooling sensation for about 5 seconds. I was not convinced with its potency since gel type moisturisers (in this case the hydrating essence) are usually meant for acne prone, oily to combination skin. But man! I was wrong.

Not only did it worked on my dryness, it made my skin looking fresh and healthy. To think that I was about to spend my money on a MYR300 moisturizer from Clarins! Geez! My skin tautness gone, dry flaky skin gone! And the price was awesome!

Product features:

  • Locks in moisture all day and builds hydrating barrier to defend skin hydration level
  • Formula is enhanced with Glacier Water (for hydration) and Green & White Tea extract (for its antioxidant properties)


Needless to say I was beyond happy. For those of you who are experiencing similar skin issues as I do.. please give this product a go. For a 50ml product that cost less than MYR20  I think this is phenomenal.

Fun Fact:

  • Garnier Aqua Defense Non-Stop Intensive Hydrating Essence comes in different names in other countries i.e. In the USA it is known as Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-cream. In Australia its equvelant is Garnier Youthful Radiance ( Functions a bit different than the ones found here in Malaysia )

Let me know if you have tried it and share your experience in the comment box below.

Love and belief!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts