Urban Decay Naked 3 : Quick Swatches




Yup you might have known by now that the Urban Decay Naked 3 was released in Malaysia on December 12, 2013 .. aaaand I, for the first time that is, was among the unfortunate ones who didn't get to own this during the launch meh! I am usually one of those enthusiast who would be among the first to own stuff like this... anyways..

Of course it is now sold out and we wouldn't know when new stocks will come in. One of the Beauty Advisor told me that Naked 2 has been out of stock since 4 months ago and they are still waiting for that stock to come in. So taking that as a bench mark, we would probably have to wait for quite a bit.

Nonetheless I have gone ahead and swatched them for your viewing pleasure :) The photo is also taken without filters and the colours were swatched without the use of eye shadow primer so that you can see it as-is on natural light.

Top row (L-R) : Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit
Middle row (L-R) : Buzz, Trick, Nooner, Liar,
Bottom row (L-R) : Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart

My personal and absolute favourites would be Buzz, Nooner, Liar and Factory. The rest are just ok for me and my I really don't like that Dust. I mean it almost came up to nothing! I had to really work on the colour to get that swatch mind you.. : /

While trying not to be a sour grape about this, some of these colours are quite the everyday type which is what the Naked range is all about. You can find dupes for most of these colours ( the lighter ones in particular in Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette ) if you are a palette makeup junkie like me. MAC Satin Taupe was almost identical to Liar, MAC Beauty Mark for Blackheart and my Makeup Geek Taupe Notch is identical to Mugshot. 

All in all, I think it is a great palette to have, eventhough I am finding it hard for me to justify to myself on why I need to own this palette ... hehe ok on a lighter note, since when do makeup junkies need to justify their purchases right? Like I need my gazillion palettes nicely stashed in my makeup drawers?!

What about you? Would you buy Naked 3?  Share your thoughts in the comment section below. I would love to hear from you :D

Have a great day darlings! 

Comments

Popular Posts