Booking.com

Sunday, 30 March 2014

Beauty School: How to make your lipstick last longer?

Hello there lovely ladies

I hope your weekend was a fun one. Today I am going to share with you a tip on how to make your lipstick last longer on your lips


Source 

First, you have to be in the habit of scrubbing your lips at least twice a week to get all the dead skin and lip product residue off your lips. You can do that by making your own lip scrub by mixing one part of sugar to one part of olive oil into a paste. There you have your very own lip scrub. the olive oil will help to moisturise your lips too.

Secondly, moisturise you lips with a good lip balm. Your lips deserve to be treated well after all the product that we use on our lips. I personally use the Melvita Honey Lip Balm ( MYR65). It is a treatment lip balm. It is so good that I never have chapped lips since I start using it. I always put on my lip balm right after I put on my moisturiser on my skin. This gives the product some time to absorb to my lips while I do my usual makeup routine.

Thirdly ( by this time you would have finish doing your whole makeup and the lip balm that you put on earlier would have set) start by lining your lips with your lip liner. After you have done that, fill in your lips with the same lip liner. This will give you a somewhat matte base for your lipstick to cling to.

Lastly, fill in your lips with the lipstick of your choice. Blot your lips once with a tissue and reapply your lipstick again. This will ensure that you have set your lipstick properly.

So there you have it. The key here is to exfoliate and treat your lips with a good lip balm. Then to fill in your lips with lip liner. Most people don't like to use lip liners but form my experience, using the lip liner as your base is better than using lip primer. Just my personal preference.

Ok ladies that is all for now. Do let me know if you once you have tried this trick by filling in the comment section below. Don't forget to follow my blog too

Stay healthy
xoxo Diane

No comments :

Post a Comment