My March 2014 Empties: Philosophy & Garnier skincare



Hello my lovelies

Oh boy! It is April already! Time seems to past so quickly these days and we are already almost half way through the end of the 1st quarter of the year.

 Anyways, let's get started. I have never done empties post before so yeay for my first. These are my empties for this month and I am tellin' ya I am super happy that I get to finish a whole bunch of skincare products. I usually have my share of skincare graveyard hehe ... so I am glad that these babies served me well that I get to finish them.

A closer look:
From left-right: philosophy purity made simple cleanser, philosophy when hope isn't enough, philosophy hope in a jar and Garnier Aqua Defense Non-stop Intensive Hydrating Essence

First, is my philosophy made simple all in one cleanser. Love this cleanser to bits. This is all you need to clean your makeup and leave a clean face for your moisturiser. It literally takes off everything even your waterproof mascara I tell ya! You can read all about it in my review here .  

Second, is philosophy when hope is not enough hydrating serum. I have tried many hydrating serum and many ended up in my skincare graveyard. But this is something else, at least to me. Adding this to my regime makes a lot of difference to my skin. It hydrates my dry areas yet did not make my t-zone oily. I would highly recommend this to those with combination skin. Looove this.

Third, is philosophy hope in a jar the original formula. When I first got this I was not really sure how my skin would liked it because it has such a weird texture. I personally never tried a cream that feels almost mousse like. When I spread it on my skin it feels a bit waxy at first then it disappears into the skin. Amazing! I don't like the feel of it on my palm after dabbing the product on my skin though because it feels waxy, so I always have to wash my hands right after applying. However, it does not feel waxy or heavy on my skin ... weird right? My skin loves this moisturiser and I don't have to worry about looking greasy because the product just melts into my skin. Having said that, I do want to mention here that my skin did went through a dry spell when I did a lot of travelling living in different hotels with harsh air conditioning and this moisturiser was not enough to keep my skin hydrated. So just keep that in mind ok.

I got the cleanser and the moisturiser in a kit called 'the care package' at USD 89.90 ( which includes a full size eye cream, and the micro peel duo) in early September 2013. Money well spent I would say.  I bought the serum separately for MYR 130 when it was made available at Sephora Malaysia late in December 2013 just before Christmas holiday. I have recently purchased this trio in a set at Sephora for MYR 265. Still a good buy. Do check philosophy at a Sephora near you.

Last but not least is my Garnier Aqua Defense Non-stop Intensive Hydrating Essence. I use this after cleansing. This was before I purchased my philosophy when hope is not enough serum. Now that I have the serum, I would use this on top of the serum on days when I go outstation. Those air conditioning in hotels are just nasty and leave my skin very dry. So this is a skin saver for me. Read my review on this here . Price? MYR 19.90

Would I purchase my March empties again? Yes! Like is said I have already repurchased my philosophy. The Garnier is up next as I would be travelling again.

I hope this post helps you in deciding to try these products. :D they are amazing. Please leave a comment down below if you have tried any of my March empties.

Have a great week ahead!

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts