Female Talk : New Year, New Me in 2015
Namaste beautiful readers!
It has been a while I know. Part of my new year's Resolution this year is to post at least 2 write ups a week and it starts this week hahaha.
Ok it is a new year and many people has written down their New Year's Resolutions on paper or pasted pictures on a board ( for those of you who are visual ). I have written mine on my awesome planner which I received last year. Wrote my resolutions early this year. That was waaaaaay before Christmas. Want to know why? Because I want to have an early start. With the holidays and all, I tend to get distracted so having them written down earlier helps me to hit the ground running so to speak.
This year, I have decided, it will be a healthy year for me. Last year I had complications with my health and I lost a lot of weight. Towards the end of last year, I gained some of what I lost (haha isn't that typical???).... not good because now I can feel my steps are lighter without the pounds that I have regained upon getting my health issues sorted out.
While I didn't make a resolution to lose weight this year, I aim to make that a result of my change in eating habit and lifestyle. What do I mean? Here are PART of my resolution this year ;
1. Drink more water ( 3 liters )- by water I mean plain water. In the past years I have always drank more sugared water ( be it Teh 'O' Limau suam ) than plain water. Whenever I am out eating, there I go again with my Teh 'O' Limau Suam ;D. So, this year ... Air Suam please.
2. Eat smaller portion - who said we always have to eat full portion? I take smaller portions now. I find that I am ok with eating smaller portion. A general rule I start to follow is stop eating before I am full. I realised that I don't get that blotty feeling since practising this. I eat my rice twice a day sometimes 3 times a day if I have a glorious Nasi Lemak for breakfast. I just stop eating before I feel full.
3. Be vegetarian twice a week - Yes you heard me right. I am not a big fan of vegetables when I was growing up but I am beginning to have an acquired taste to vegetables these days. So I make it a point to be vegetarian twice a week to cleanse my body of the acidity from eating meat.
4. Choose healthier option from menu when eating out - I always have a choice. It is up to me to decide what I put in my mouth. So yes I choose the less fatty meal when I eat out. After all it is the company that I must enjoy fully, right? Right!
5. Practice Yoga 5 times a week - I have started a 30 day yoga programme online. My body is sore right now because I have not hit the mat for a quite some time now. It is a 30-minute practice for 30 days and so far I am loving it (despite my soreness ). The key to enjoying your workout is to love the workout that you are doing I was told. Yoga I love ... gym and running? ... not so. Therefore Yoga it is!
So there you have it, My Health Goal! Not so much of losing weight but to a more healthier me.
I hope you too will make positive changes in your life so that you can feel good about yourself. The key here is to not want to look like those beach bunnies or Victoria's Secret Angels ... no .. no. Never ever do that to yourself.
Deciding to choose health is the very act of self love. So, Love Yourself!